A carers assessment will help identify the impact of your caring role and what support you may need.
A carers assessment is:
- A conversation focussed on you the carer, your caring situation and your needs
- A process which enables you to be formally recognised and supported in your role as carer
- A time for you to express your needs and concerns regarding your caring role
- An opportunity to consider what support might be available within your local community
- A chance to get information and advice to assist you in your caring role and help sustain your health and wellbeing
A carers assessment is not an assessment of how good a carer you are, nor is it means tested.
To arrange a carers assessment contact the advice and referral team at Herefordshire Council:
- Call: 01432 260101
- Email: ASCAdviceandReferralTeam@herefordshire.gcsx.gov.uk