Organisation type: Voluntary or Community Sector
ECHO is a Herefordshire based charity. In 2015 we celebrated 25 years of making a difference to the lives of disabled people in Herefordshire.
We provide opportunities for people to take part in a variety of activities during the day and in the evenings. We offer community based leisure and social activities as well volunteering, work experience and training. Most of our activities are suitable for people with moderate or severe learning difficulties, but we will try to support anyone who wishes to take part in our activities, including people with mental health difficulties and people with physical or sensory impairments.
At ECHO you will have the chance to learn new skills in a supportive, friendly environment. Whether you like sport; arts and crafts; learning; social events; work or volunteering activities, we will try to help you find something to do.
As well as learning new skills, you will:
- Have the opportunity to actively contribute to the life of your local community and be recognised as a valued citizen.
- Develop natural relationships and friendships with fellow team members
- Feel a sense of belonging and fulfillment “to feel a part of something”
ECHO services and activities fall into 3 areas:
- Day opportunities such as our theatre company, About Face, or our arty crafty shop, Clever Betsy. Most day opportunity participants are funded by Herefordshire Council or use Direct Payments to have a full day of valued activity.
- Leisure and social activities, which include sports, arts, crafts, Yam Jams music groups, trips out, holidays and much more.
- Community Connections supporting individuals to engage with their local community; making friends; getting involved and contributing to community life.
ECHO is a user led organisation and the activities we provide reflect the needs and desires of our members. This means if there is something you would like to do which isn't currently available, we will try to help you make it happen.