Herefordshire Council Privacy Notice for the WISH (Wellbeing Information and Signposting for Herefordshire) website
Information held about you
In order to provide the relevant WISH website service to you, it is necessary for us to collect the following information from visitors to our website some of which is optional:
- Feedback (through website feedback forms and calls to the WISH hub/team based at Hereford Library) – this is anonymised data that is used to make improvements to the website.
- Site usage information from log files and web analytics applications – this is anonymised data and does not contain personal information about users.
- Personal information - if you register to log in to the site as a User. The information you provide when you register will only be used to enable you to find and shortlist the services you require through the website including requesting call backs and quotes from providers. This includes basic details about you such as name, address, telephone number and email address. You can also provide age range and information about particular listed medical conditions to help find appropriate services, however this information is optional and you do not have to provide it.
- Provider information in order to register your organisation/group and services in the WISH directory.
- Event information in order to publish details of your events in the Events calendar such as a contact name and email address.
Who is processing my data?
All personal data held, is processed in accordance with data protection law. The Data Controller for the information outlined in this privacy notice is Herefordshire Council.
Herefordshire Council and Services for Independent Living (S4IL) are the Data Processors. S4IL will process your information on behalf of the council.
How will we use the Information we hold about you?
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:-
What is the legal basis for us to process your data?
The legal basis for processing the data is your consent, which is obtained by you registering your details on the website and which you can withdraw at any time by notifying the WISH team using the following contact details:
- Call - 01432 383880
- Email - info@WISHerefordshire.org
Who we will share your information with
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent, however, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
How Long do we Keep your Records
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary. The information outlined in this privacy notice will be kept until such time as you wish to remove your details from the website or for as long as the website continues to operate. All information will be held securely and destroyed under confidential conditions.
You have a number of rights under data protection law, including the right to request your information and to request that the information be amended or erased if incorrect.
To request your records, you will need to put your request in writing and provide proof of identification to the Information Governance Team, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE or via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have a right to make a complaint about our handling of your personal data to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/
Providing Accurate Information
It is important that we hold accurate and up to date information about you in order to assess your needs and deliver the appropriate services. If any of your details have changed, or change in the future, please ensure that you inform us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is used, please contact the WISH team in the first instance. You can also contact the Data Protection Officer, Herefordshire Council, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE, email: email@example.com
More information about data protection and how it applies to you can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://ico.org.uk/