Herefordshire Healthy Living Network
08 May 2018
Did you know that the everyday choices we make have a huge impact on our health and wellbeing and our lifestyles are often more unhealthy than we think! In England, around 40% of all deaths are related to everyday habits and behaviours, such as eating too much unhealthy food, drinking too much alcohol, not being active enough or continuing to smoke.
In Herefordshire, we want to change this, but need your help and support! By working together we can make a big difference to people’s health and wellbeing across the county. If you’re a community or voluntary group, organisation, business or workplace then join our Herefordshire Healthy Living Network and help make Herefordshire a happier and healthier place to live, work and visit.
What is the Herefordshire Healthy Living Network?
It’s a network of volunteers across the county who are interested in helping to improve the health and wellbeing of people in their local community or workplace by providing information in a way they’ll understand.
There are three levels to the network and it’s up to you which level you wish to provide:
• Level 1: Health promotion activity (promote health and wellbeing campaigns)
• Level 2: Brief healthy conversations (a quick chat to ask if someone wants to make a change, such as stopping smoking, and offering signposting information)
• Level 3: Extended healthy conversations (a longer chat to see what changes someone might like to make to their lifestyle and motivating them to take that first step to make a change)
How will you benefit?
Along with the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a real difference in your local community or workplace, depending on the level you sign up to, you will also benefit from:
- Free training
- Free resources and toolkits
- Access to a dedicated digital platform
- Regular newsletters
- Peer support through an online community
To find out more and join the network
If you want to be part of the movement and help individuals and communities to become more aware of what they can do to improve their health and wellbeing, contact the council’s healthy lifestyle trainer service on 01432 383567 and HLN@herefordshire.gov.uk