Protect you and your family against flu this winter
30 October 2019
Eligible residents urged to have a free flu jab
Herefordshire Council is encouraging the county’s residents who are most susceptible to flu, to make an appointment with their local GP practice or pharmacy for a free flu vaccination.
Vaccination against the flu virus, is the single best protection you can have from a potentially very serious illness, and this year, the NHS is offering the free vaccine to 25 million people across the country.
You will be eligible for a free NHS flu vaccination from your GP practice or local community pharmacy, if you’re:
- 65 years or over (including those turning 65 by 31 March)
- A carer
- Living with certain medical conditions
- Residing in a long stay residential care home or other care facility
- A front line health and social care worker
Children can also receive the vaccine from their GP practice, if they’re:
- Over 6 months old with a long term health condition
- Aged 2 and 3 years old by 31 August 2019
All primary school aged children will be invited to receive the nasal flu vaccination by Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust, which is normally given whilst your child is at school. For more information about the programme, please visit their immunisation and vaccination service page.
For more information, including where to find your nearest community pharmacy, take a look at our flu vaccination page.